Manhole refurbishment using bricklayer methods
Manholes can also be repaired using standard bricklayer work. This method is especially suitable for restoring concrete sewer manholes made of DN 1000 concrete rings fitted with a transition cone and a frame with a lid.
MANHOLES SUITABLE FOR THIS METHOD
The standard bricklayer method is primarily suitable for restoring concrete sewer manholes with DN 1000 rings fitted with a transition cone and a frame with a lid.
HOW IT WORKS
The manhole walls are cleaned, any cracks are repaired, and a restoration screed is applied. The rehabilitated manhole is fitted with new footsteps. The manhole frame can be replaced upon request.
BRICKLAYER RESTORATION PROCESS
- Jet cleaning of the manhole walls and bottom
- Removing the existing footsteps
- Filling gaps and cracks
- Applying a grout coat and full-area restoration screed
- Installing PE-lined footsteps
- Visual inspection of the screed condition
- Checking the firmness of the footsteps
We hold EN ISO 9001:2008 and EN ISO 14001:2004 quality certification.